Train Trip to the Historic La Posada Hotel in Winslow, Arizona
Friday, April 15 – Sunday, April 17, 2022
Offered by the Wheels Museum in Albuquerque
Enjoy two nights at this restored historic landmark. A world-renowned American treasure, this
special place is one of the last of the great trackside Harvey Hotels. Built in 1929, at the time it was
the finest hotel constructed by the Santa Fe Railroad. The restoration has brought the hotel back
to its former comfort and grandeur.
The trip will include:
- Social get-together prior to the trip to meet your fellow travelers
- Two nights lodging at La Posada
- Private tour of the hotel to learn about the history and view historic artifacts
- Roundtrip train transportation
- Saturday breakfast and dinner
- Hotel gratuities
- Visit to the Old Trails Museum/Winslow Historical Society and the former Hubbell Trading Post.
You will also have the opportunity to take pictures at the site of the Eagles first hit single, Take It Easy.
The song has the lyric “Standin’ on a corner in Winslow Arizona, such a fine site to see, it’s a girl my
lord in a flatbed Ford, slowin’ down to take a look at me.”
Tour cost: $1000 for two people sharing a room, $650 for a single
Donation of $100 per couple and $50 per single will be tax deductible
Contact: Donna Pedace at email@example.com or (505) 349-8850 to book your space.